Self Care Isn’t Selfish
Who in the world started the rumor that Self Care is selfish?!?! Ahem…the enemy, that’s who.
He knows that if you are sick, tired, worn out, and fed up you can’t be all you were created to be and you won’t enjoy your life as God intended.
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
John 10:10 NIV
So, he started the nasty rumor that Self Care is selfish by whispering lies such as:
- “You don’t have time to take care of yourself. You have more important things to do.”
- “You can’t afford to invest in your health. Your family needs things more important than that.”
- “What you do today can’t possibly make a difference. You’re too far gone. Might as well just eat a candy bar and plop on the couch instead of going for that walk. You’ve earned this break.”
- “Waiting one more day won’t hurt anything.”
“You’ve got so much on your plate. There’s no way to do it all! Wait until ______ season is over and then you can take care of yourself.”
Lies. All lies.
Want to hear the truth?
We’ve all been given ONE BODY for this life and we must take care of it. No one else can. It is up to us. In order to do what God has called us to do, we need to be in good health!
Here’s the truth:
- What we do each day is either improving our health or harming it. Every day we make the choice!
- Healthy habits can be formed and harmful habits can be broken.
- What you do today DOES MATTER…in fact, what you do with today is what changes your life!
- Investing in Self Care is profitable! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. But if your health fails…THAT is expensive!
Making time for Self Care each day is rewarding and will help you be your best you!
Making healthy choices will make everything else you do easier! Don’t fall for the lies of the enemy that will only hurt you. A healthier you can start today! No, you are not too far gone. There is hope. What you choose today DOES make a difference. You can do this.
If you’re interested in learning about how to make self-care a priority, I’d love for you to join us in our iBloom Health & Happiness Community. Click here and request to join!